The task of losing weight does not have to be as daunting as it seems. But let’s face it, for those of us who struggle with fad diets, expensive weight loss products, and any number of hopeful fixes, lasting weight loss often feels out of reach. At St. Louis Body Balance and Weight Loss (STLBBWL), we find that with the help of a board-certified physician, many patients are able to turn their desperation into dramatic weight loss success! How do they do it? Read on and we will show you how!
Medical Weight Loss
At St. Louis Body Balance and Weight Loss, we combine a personalized approach with increasingly effective medications that can jump-start a person’s overall weight loss plan. While it can be tempting to turn to well-publicized but ineffective (and sometimes dangerous) quick-fixes, Dr. Krikorian only uses evidence-based medicine to support each patient’s individual goals. Medical weight loss is further augmented by supporting patients with their hormone levels, nutrition, behavior, activity, and psychology. At St. Louis Body Balance and Weight Loss, we help you bring all these things together safely and effectively for long-term success.
Evidence-based = Effective!
Already a board-certified cardiologist, Dr. Krikorian is now also board-certified in Bariatric Medicine. This makes him one of the very few physicians truly qualified to provide expert weight loss guidance. Backed by science, the medical community, and an established practice, Dr. Krikorian focuses on medical weight loss strategies with a proven track record of being 100% safe and effective for long-term weight loss.
Why choose St. Louis Body Balance and Weight Loss?
- We take insurance, if you have covered weight loss benefits.
- We know that traditional diets fail and we realize that there is not just one nutritional approach that fits everyone’s needs. We therefore utilize a variety of approaches and match them to each patient individually.
- We offer a results-driven program measuring weight loss, inches lost, fat loss by body composition analysis, etc.
- We have multiple locations to serve you (St. Louis Metro, Farmington, Sullivan, Perryville, Ste. Genevieve, and Chester, Illinois).
The Weight Loss Process (How it Works)
- The first step in pursuing medical weight loss is letting us get to know you and your story by sharing your medical history, which includes the following:
- Current Medications
- Past Injuries or Illnesses
- Family History
- The next step is a thorough Body Composition Analysis (BCA). This will determine your body’s current balance between fat, muscle, and water. Our staff will document vital statistics, including your blood pressure and resting metabolism. All of these combined will determine a course of treatment, and will allow us to objectively chart your progress over time.
- With a sense of your health history and your body’s current physiological makeup, Dr. Krikorian will take some time to get to know your weight loss story in order to create a plan tailored to fit your unique needs. We encourage you to be honest about your struggles, fears, and hopes related to your situation, in order to establish a strong partnership with you and to help you meet your goals.
In order to be successful with your weight loss at STLBBWL, we promote small changes in nutrition and lifestyle that allow you to make those changes lasting ones. We emphasize exploring small but sustainable changes to allow you to keep making enjoyable food choices. During your initial visit, we will review the principles of nutrition, and explore your day-to-day activities in order to find practical solutions for you.
While losing weight is a challenge on its own, keeping it off is another challenge all together. Identifying food triggers and eating behaviors are a key component of our weight loss practice. With the help of prescription weight loss medication, exploring these complementary issues is not as intimidating as it often seems. Our current and past patients have expressed that working with Dr. Krikorian has helped them in approaching food, exercise, and other daily practices with confidence and a renewed commitment to their overall health and well-being. With a tailored exercise plan and safe place to explore emotions, patients tend to find that their weight loss journey can actually benefit many other aspects of their life as well.
Our medical weight loss plans incorporate directed exercise programs for our patients. Dr. Krikorian works with you individually to develop clear directions for exercise to complement your weight loss program.
As an alternative to bariatric surgeries which can be both risky and physically invasive, weight loss medications act as effective tools which help to change behaviors related to food and exercise. As part of a broader wellness and weight loss strategy, our board-certified physician, Dr. Krikorian works with a variety of evidence-based medications targeted primarily towards people with a body mass index (BMI) of greater than 27 and increased percent body fat [PBF].
Weight loss medications can be helpful for those struggling with obesity, and also for those carrying just a little bit of extra weight. For those facing obesity-related medical problems like diabetes or high blood pressure, medical weight loss drugs can literally be a life-saver!
Any medication that we recommend is FDA approved, and has been studied in major medical trials to ensure its safety and effectiveness. Call today if you wish to discuss appetite suppressants or other therapies.
Tremendous strides have been made in determining the effects of metabolism, aging, hormonal changes, and environmental toxins on weight. Using solid, evidence-based medicine, Dr. Krikorian creates a complete therapy plan utilizing the most modern advances available to maximize your health and to promote weight loss in both traditional and holistic medicine.
Your customized treatment plan may include:
- Cleansing and Fasting
- Anti-aging and Regenerative Therapies
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Nutrition
- Natural Solutions for Wellness and Energy
Lose the weight…for good!
Losing weight does not have to feel out of reach, regardless of how much weight a person needs to lose. With proper guidance, personalized attention, and a realistic strategy; anyone can lose their excess weight and keep it off long term! Let us help you identify medical tools that can help modify your behavior, and help you find the satisfaction of taking control of your health once and for all!